Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Stuffed vegetables

To look at this blog you would think that I do a lot of baking and not enough cooking but that couldn't be further from the truth! I actually cook a LOT more than I bake but I find that baked stuff looks a lot prettier in pictures :-) plus I use this blog to save my recipes and I am never worried about saving cooking recipes because I eyeball everything and I can say that I am very experienced in that area...Baking however is not as easy to eyeball and is more of an exact science so I always hurry and register a succesful recipe before I lose it...That's my excuse and I am sticking to it!!

I made some stuffed vegetables last week that came out really delicious and I remembered to take a picture before serving them and I am glad I did because they were gone as soon as they hit the table lol my husband and kids loved this dish so much that I was wondering why I hadn't made it for months.




My kids only especially love the stuffed potatoes



I find that stuffed peppers cooked in the oven come out too crispy and if you let them cook until tender the stuffing becomes overcooked and dry so the best way for me to cook them is in a pressure cooker with some tomato sauce.

Directions:

Mix some chopped cilantro with 1 grated onion, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper and some cooked rice. Mix well with the hamburger meat and set aside in the fridge.

Using a slim knife, empty the inside of the veggies and stuff with the meat mixture.

Heat some canola oil in a pressure cooker and add a thinly sliced shallot (or onion) once the shallot has wilted add 2 fresh crushed tomatoes add salt pepper cumin paprika half  bouillon cube and a little saffron for color.

Add a few tablespoons of tomato sauce and a little water and place the vegetables in the pressure cooker. Cook for 25-30 minutes.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment