Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bread making

Bread making is very easy once you have practiced enough but very intimidating if you're not familiar with it...I've been on both sides and I remember when I used to think that it's difficult and requires special skill but after practicing with different methods I found out that you just need trial and error to figure it all out. You start adjusting the amount of yeast and different flour mixes based on you own taste but the base is very simple: Yeast, salt, flour and water...The rest is left to my kitchenaid that does all the kneading for me and that is why I make bread a lot :-)

I am sharing here a few pictures of the different breads I make.

This is a bread made with a mix of Bulgur flour and white flour.




This one here is made with all whole wheat flour


This batch is made with a mix of whole wheat flour and all purpose flour

This is batbout bread which is a bread cooked over a skillet instead of baked in the oven. Here I made the mini version which is excellent for sandwiches

Atkins dieters please do yourself a favor and eat some bread! I can't imagine how sad life would be without bread :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment