Friday, July 6, 2012

Madeleines

Madeleines hold a special place in your heart if you grew up on them, certain foods just have special nostalgia evoking powers and this is deffinetly one of them for me (I have way too many!). The French have definetely left a lot of goodies in Morocco and you can see that influence any time you walk into a bakery and see all the croissants, macarons, petits fours and other delicacies...I spend a lot of time researching french sites for some of my favorite childhood recipes and I usually find what I am looking for on http://www.cuisineaz.com/



Ingredients:
2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 flour
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon baking powder




Directions:

Melt the butter and let it cool
Beat the eggs, vanilla and salt until light and gradually add the sugar while continuing to beat. The mixture should be very smooth and forms ribbons when you lift it.

sift the flour and add it to the mixture while beating lightly. Add lemon zest.
pour the melted butter around the edges and fold it in gently until combined
bake 15-18 minutes at a 375 F degree.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment