Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Baked red snapper

I love fish and I try to include it in the menu at least once a week and I would cook it a lot more if a fresh fish market was anywhere near my house.
We made a special long trip to a fish market the other day to get some goodies and I was almost as excited as I would've been in a french patisserie :-) I had to bring this big boy home with me and eventhough my son was concerned about the "organic" looking finished product (head and tail anyone?) he was relieved to know that they are not supposed to be eaten and he actually ended up LOVING it.



Directions:

Clean your fish and make three cuts on each side (makes it absorb the sauce)
Slice some potatoes, peppers.
Make the marinade/sauce: chopped cilantro, garlic, puree of 1 tomato, 1tbs tomato paste, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, half a bouillon cube, 1 tbs lemon juice.


Place the veggies in the bottom of your cooking vessel, rub your fish with the marinade and place it on top of the veggies. add 2 tbsp of water to the remaining marinade and pour it all over the veggies (fish releases water so don't add more). You can add olives if you prefer. Decorate your fish with sliced lemons and tomatoes.
bake in a 375 oven for 45 minutes or until done (depends on the size of your fish)

Right before going in the oven...


...And after...Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment