Friday, July 27, 2012

Refreshing sneaky smoothie

This sneaky smoothie is the perfect way to get some veggies into picky children or even to add a helping or two to your own diet.
You can never tell that it has a veggie by the taste of it because it's soooo delicious and really refreshing.


ingredients: (no exact measurements and you can add any fruit you have)

I use frozen fruit mostly because I always have it in my freezer but if I notice any fresh ones that are getting too ripe in the fruit basket then I throw them in there.

Peaches
pineapples
Strawberries (I added strawberry puree cubes just because I happened to have them)
banana
cucumber (I added half a cucumber)
orange juice

Blend and serve fresh. I tried this recipe with carrots that were finely grated and with canned beets and I find that these 3 veggies work the best with fruit just don't try to add something like broccoli or green beans :-) I can't think of other kinds of vegetables that would work for this smoothie. Also keep the ratio of fruit to veggies in the 80% to 20%.


No comments:

Post a Comment