Monday, March 19, 2012

Tangy garden salad

I knew I wouldn't be in the mood for cooking today so I did what I do whenever I  don't feel like spending too much time in the kitchen; I got some steak out for hubby to grill!!
I made this garden salad on the side and it was very fresh and tangy; I just made a little vinaigrette for it and it was ready in no time.

P.S you can use a store bought dressing of course just keep it on the zesty tangy side rather than the creamy side (think italian dressing or vinaigrette) I don't like masking the different flavors of a fresh salad like this one with an overwhelming creamy sauce and I save those for a simple salad like a ceasar that relies a lot on the taste of the dressing and not so much on the ingredients themselves.


For the vinaigrette:

Mix some canola oil with vinegar and salt and pepper (amounts to taste) in a bowl.
Start with canola oil and salt and pepper and add your vinegar little by little until you reach the level of tanginess you like.

Salad ingredients:
Lettuce
Tomatoes
Cucumber
Avocado
Kalamata olives
Goat cheese (feta is even better but I had some goat cheese waiting to be used)
Corn
(Any ingredients you prefere can be added)

No comments:

Post a Comment