Saturday, March 10, 2012

Potato salad

My mom used to make this potato salad as one of the side dishes whenever she made fried fish. It can be served warm or cold but I personally prefer it at room temperature. It is so much lighter than the common potato salad and to me it's more delicious because you can actually taste the potato instead of just mayo.


Ingredients:

Red potatoes
cilantro
canola oil
vinegar
salt/pepper/cumin

Directions:

Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Cook the potato cubes by either boiling them or steaming them (I steam mine in my pressure cooker's basket)
In a small bowl add a tablespoon of chopped cilantro, salt, pepper, cumin, 1 tablespoon of canola oil and 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar and combine using a fork.
Once the potatoes are cooked, add the dressing and combine gently.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment