Monday, January 23, 2012

Fettuccini with chicken in creamy tomato sauce

My husband swears that I am half italian whenever I make pasta; my sauces are really good if I may say so myself!
This "pink sauce" has the tanginess of a tomato sauce and the creaminess of a white sauce without being heavy and is incredibly delicious!!
I don't give exact meansurements for ingredients when it comes to savory recipes as it depends on the amount I am cooking and how much each person likes certain spices.



Directions:

Heat up two tablespoons of canola oil in a pressure cooker (or a regular pot if you have time) add clean cut up chicken pieces (I use legs and thighs) and add spices (salt, pepper, paprika, half a buillon cube) brown the chiken on both sides. chop one shallot and add to the pot, cut one big tomato in two halves, grate the insides on a cheese grater or pass in food processor to have tomatoe puree and add to the pot.

Let the shallot and tomatoe cook for about 2 to 3 minutes while you stir from time to time so nothing sticks to the bottom.

Add one big can of tomatoe sauce to the pot and some water and cover, cook until the chicken is tender (20-30 minutes in pressure cooker) and you can add a little water if you see that your chicken needs more time to cook. Uncover to reduce the sauce (you can add some cilantro at this point) and add about 5 tabelespoons of heavy whipping cream. Let your sauce simmer for about 2 minutes.

Cook your pasta to your preference, drain, add sauce and place chicken pieces on the top.






3 comments:

  1. Love it!! When can we see your famous Lamb Recipe's??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps some Cous Cous recipes too! Gonna have my wife try the muffin one this week. Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Maybe some couscous with lamb so you can have both in one dish? Stay tuned.

      Delete