Thursday, January 26, 2012

Blueberry muffins

Blueberry muffins are not something I grew up with but I do love fruit in baking and I try to include most american classics in my kitchen. Carrot cake and pumkin pie I can't get my self to like and I have given them more than one shot (I just don't appreciate veggies in baked goods)

This recipe is for a coffee cake that my mom used to make sans the blueberries, it is delicious and versatile. This recipe is the base to a lot of my muffins and coffee cakes; add nutella in the center for a little surprise or substitute some finely chopped nuts for some of the flour and you can even add som cocoa powder to make it a chocolate cake.




Ingredients:

4 eggs
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 granulated sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil or canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups of flour



Directions:

Beat eggs and sugar until smooth
Add remaining wet ingredients and combine
Add flour and baking powder and mix until you ahieve a smooth consistency.
Grease a muffin pan and pour batter in each mold to 3/4 of its capacity
Roll blueberries in some flour and shake the excess off (this prevents them from sinking to the bottom and getting burnt)
Drop a few blueberries in each mold
Bake at 375 F for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment