Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hearty shrimp soup

I often find myself making a dish just so I can clean my fridge from leftover ingredients that I had used during the week. This time I had half a bag of baby spinach, a few portabella mushrroms and a very ripe tomato so I added some shrimp to them and made this hearty soup.


Directions:

Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pot and add one chopped shallot, once the shallot starts to wilt add slices of mushrooms and stir until tender.

Add one chopped tomato and spinach, salt pepper and half a bouillon cube ( I use Knorr) and stir until the spinach reduces in volume.

Add the shrimp and allow it to absorb the flavor from the mixture (about 2 minutes) before you add water
and cover. Let your soup simmer for 10 minutes.

you can add more ingredients if you want to make a big pot of soup; I only made 2 bowls.

Tip: instead of adding water, add tomato sauce and just a little water and let it simmer and you will transform this soup recipe to a delicious pasta sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment