Saturday, February 11, 2012

Baked salmon with shrimp and spinach sauce

As much as I would love to take my time in the kitchen and spend hours cooking and baking, reality is...I only have a few minutes to put something on the table after a long day at work, so I am always trying to come up with short cuts or quick recipes like this baked salmon with shrimp and spinach sauce.

It took me exactly 30 minutes to prepare this dish and that's including prep and cooking time. Perfect for weekdays!!


Directions:

In a small bowl prepare the coating that will cover the salmon before it goes in the oven

This quantity was enough for 3 big pieces
1tbsp of mayonnaise (it keeps the salmon moist and light mayo is fine)
2 tbsp of olive oil
Paprika
Salt/Pepper

Rub your salmon pieces with the mayo mixture from all sides, mix some bread crumbs (I use italian) with some parmesan cheese and sprinkle the top of each salmon piece generously.
Bake for 20 minutes (this is a magical cooking time for salmon and it's never dry when I stick to it)

Now that your salmon is in the oven it's time to make the sauce, chop one small shallot and sautee it in some olive oil.
Chop some baby spinach (I used the whole bag) and add it to your skillet with some salt and pepper.
Add shrimp and continue sauteeing until it's cooked
Add heavy whipped cream (about 5 tbsp) and 1/2 teaspoon of flour (to thicken the sauce) and let it simmer for 2 minutes.

Serve your sauce over the salmon and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment