Saturday, November 17, 2012

Cauliflower and Meatballs Gratin

This is another dish that I came up with while trying to use up leftovers. I had some seasoned uncooked hamburger meat in my fridge from making my spaghetti sauce with meatballs the night before and I had to use it before it spoiled. The only problem was that I didn't have enough to make a meal out of it so I knew that it needed to be stretched by mixing it with something else and then cauliflower gratin came to mind!

The meatballs need to be about as small as a big grape so that they can be cooked to a safe temperature by the time the whole gratin is ready. The meatballs have my usual seasoning (minced onion/chopped cilantro/cumin paprika pepper and salt) but you can use your own seasoning if you prefer.

The recipe for the cauliflower gratin can be found here just add your seasoned meatballs to the cauliflower before pouring the egg and cream mixture evenly.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment