Saturday, July 20, 2013

Birthday Cake

I made this cake for my hubby's birthday last month and since he's not a big fan of sugary birthday cakes I always make his sugar free and to be honest there's no way you can tell that it's sugar free, we all enjoyed it including the kids.

I don't make sugar free birthday cakes from scratch, instead I use Pillsbury's sugar free cake mix as it yields a better result. There's something that happens when I try to make a sponge cake using Splenda that doesn't allow it to get as puffy and moist as the ones I make using regular sugar.

You can find the recipe here just use the chocolate cake mix instead of the yellow mix. The chocolate mix tasted so much better especially since I added a handful of finely chopped pecans. I used raspberries this time.


Nice and moist inside

No comments:

Post a Comment