Friday, April 26, 2013

Roasted Almonds

Almonds are my favorite nuts; I eat them sweet and savory, in baked goods or just on their own...I never say no to almonds no matter what! UNLESS they become a little chewy or stale .The bagged stuff bought from the store tends to loose a lot of the flavor before it gets to us (imagine how long it takes that bag to make it to your shopping cart).

I had once bought a huge bag of roasted almonds from a bulk store thinking that it would be worth it since they are a favorite snack in my house but by the time we consumed half of the bag the second half was rancid so we just tossed it out. I decided to start making my own in smaller amounts that would last for a week and when it's done make a new batch; that way the almonds are always at their freshest. There are many fancy recipes to make different flavors but I always stick to the basic one.



Ingredients:
Almonds
Salt
Water

Directions:

Line a baking sheet with some aluminum foil (you will love me at clean up time) in a bowl pour enough water to completely wet all your almonds and this will depend on the amount you're making but the goal is NOT to soak each almond but rather wet your whole batch in a uniform manner. Add Salt to your water (depends on your preference of how salty you want the almonds to be). That is it! Almonds wet with some salted water and spread in one layer on the baking sheet. They bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes, keep checking every 10 minutes to move the almonds around so all of them roast at the same time.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment