Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cupcake bouquet

Cupcakes are probably my favorite thing to bake only because after they come out of the oven, I get to have fun all over again when deciding on the toppings...I have a collection of sprinkles and cupcake holders and I sit and decide how to decorate them and often get confused with all the choices LOL

I am not big on buttercream frosting; the taste is not my favorite and I knew it would be too messy in an arrangement that was going to be delivered. I usually use just a sticky base for my sprinkles to hang on to like Nutella, caramel or apricot jelly.
I gave these bouquets to my son's teacher and principal as a sweet end to their school year. the recipe for the vanilla cupcake is here







Assembly line!




My son came home from school with a big smile on his face and told me that his teacher was very happy...that's what I love about baking; it makes me happy while I am doing it and makes other people happy when I share the goodies!




No comments:

Post a Comment